Once again Yummy. The sugar cookie recipe I use is very simple.....
( Makes 2 dozen )
- 2 Cups all-pupose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk / brandy
- Royal icing (optional)
- Whisk together flour,salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attatchment, Cream Butter and sugar; mix until light and fluffy. With mixer running add egg, brandy and vanilla; mix until well combined. With the mixer on low slowly add reserved flour mixture.Mix untill JUST combined.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.Line baking sheets with non stick baking mats or just spray with a non stick spray....set aside
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.Cut into desired shapes, and place cut out shape in the baking trays leaving a inch between each cookie (make sure you keep rolling your dough out and cutting out shapes)
- Place in the oven for 1 minutes or until lightly golden on top; Do not allow to brown.Transfer to wire racks to cool
- Decorate with Royal icing (optional)
( Makes 2 1/3 cups)
- 1 Box confectioners sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Meringue powder or 2 large egg WHITES (I prefer egg whites)